As a designer and someone who works closely with realtors (my fiance is one), I’ve witnessed the power of home staging first hand. Home staging is the act of preparing and showcasing your home for sale. The benefits of home staging have been statistically proven to be highly effective by numerous surveys and real estate reports.
Homeowners who have not hired a home stager before, may not be familiar with the benefits of having a well-staged home. If you are getting ready to sell your home and find yourself asking the question, “Does home staging really work?” – stick around!
As a homeowner (seller), think of your home as a product. You are offering your product to the market place and want to appeal to as many customers as possible (aka buyers). Your home is no longer “your home” anymore, it is a product.
The average buyer is looking for move-in ready conditions. Overly personalized rooms may detract and distract potential buyers. Loads of pictures frames, dated wallpaper, and the pencil marks on the wall marking your yearly height growth have got to go (sorry!).
There is only one chance to make a great first-impression. Within a few minutes of walking into a home, a potential buyer will have an emotional connection and can feel if it is a home is for them or not.
Present your home in its best light. Let your home speak for itself in a positive way.
Virtual Home Staging by AMA Designs & Interiors
If you are looking to sell your home, here are some statistics according to the National Association of Realtors (N.A.R.).
10 BENEFITS OF HOME STAGING
According to the National Association of Realtors (N.A.R.)
- Sell High: Studies have shown that staged homes on average sold up to 6% higher
- Sell Fast: Staged homes sell 40% faster than unstaged homes. According to the NAR, the longer a property stays in the market, the lower the price it will attract.
- Great Return on Investment: The costs of staging your home is less than your first price drop! An NAR survey reveals that a 1-3% investment on home staging yields a 8-10% return
- Online Photos Stand Out: Professionally staged homes make listing photos stand out online compared competitors in the market. Immediately capturing the buyers attention online is important as 90% of potential home buyers start their property search online first.
- More Showings: Staged homes attract more visibility online, which increases the willingness to view the home in-person, more foot-traffic/showings, and more offers.
- Emotional Connection: Staged homes make it easier for the buyer to visualize a property as their future home up to 78%
- Save on Holding Costs: The more time a home sits on the market, the more holding costs for mortgage costs and utility costs add up. Studies have shown that on average, staged home saved up to $2,122.00 in mortgage payments (without utility included).
- Selling Features are Highlighted: The features and key selling points of the home are highlighted and “flaws” are overlooked. Showcasing the home in it’s best light.
- Maximize Profit, Minimize Stress: Investing in staging services ensures that your home is making a great first-impression to potential buyers and that you aren’t leaving money on the table and reduce the stress of your house sitting in the market.
- Move-In Ready: Homes that are staged, appear “move-in ready” and well-maintained which make purchasing the home more compelling
Interested in the benefits of home staging?
If you are preparing to list your home and are located in the New Jersey area, complete the contact form below to schedule your free consultation.
Schedule a Free Home Staging Consultation
Hanging art or photos on the wall seems simple enough. Just hammer in a nail, then hang, right?
Not quite. Those of us who have tried to perfectly display our favorite work of art know that it can be tricky. That’s why Invaluable has created a comprehensive picture hanging guide to help you get it right every time. Give it a read through, then let us know what work of art you ca’t wait to proudly display! Continue reading
When you are getting ready to redecorate, there are 5 things you must know before purchasing furniture. In today’s blog post, I will be sharing a little bit about my process and how shopping for your home is much more than picking out “pretty” things.
Before we dive in, I want to share a story where I have been called in to resolve a past client’s decorating dilemma.
Today’s blog post is going to be different from the content that I normally share. I always share my design experiences here but this time I am going to relate it to my personal experience.
Surprisingly, planning a wedding and planning a design project are similar: the vision, the stress, the planning, the investment, and the outcome. When we find ourself in one of these situations, typically they are both big life changes and large decisions need to be made.. and there’s a timeline. Continue reading
How to select a kitchen paint color may be an intimidating task. I’ve been receiving the question “which color should I paint my kitchen?” a lot lately. Although, there isn’t any one-size fits all color, in today’s blog post I will be sharing my design tips on how to select a kitchen paint color.
There are 7 important details to consider before your kitchen remodel. Renovating a kitchen is a major undertaking for a homeowner to take on alone. It requires strategic planning both, financially and aesthetically. Based on my experience, I recently completed a kitchen renovation through my online interior design services, many of these points were brought up during the project and I thought it would be beneficial to share.
The question of “Quartz vs Granite: which one is better?” has been asked a lot during several kitchen projects that I am designing. In today’s blog post, I will be sharing the pros and cons of both materials from the cost to durability. Stick around to the end for my final thoughts and recommendations. Continue reading
When new homeowners called on me for help with their modern master bathroom, I saw the potential beyond the outdated interior and cracked ceramic tiles. The young couple had style and their current bathroom didn’t reflect their minimalist modern inspiration photos. Through the process of my edesign services, I came up with a proposed design concept for the space. Continue reading
The 2017 Color of the Year is Pantone “Greenery” which is a citrus green hue. You might have already started to notice this shade in magazines and in stores. As I stare at gray skies and nearly melted snow, I am craving color in my life and can’t wait to spruce up my home with this shade. Today, I will be sharing my tips on how to use Pantone Greenery at home.
This shade of green is a refreshing and revitalizing zesty yellow-green. It is a color that will spice up and add vitality to any interior. You can incorporate the color of the year into your home in many ways without committing to painting your walls. Here’s how: Continue reading
The one thing you need to have a successful room, in my opinion, is the furniture layout. You can have beautiful furniture and a great color scheme, but if the furniture isn’t arranged correctly – it can make or break the room.
Arranging your furniture in a way that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. A furniture layout that is designed correctly will make you feel invited into the space and also doesn’t hinder your entertaining aspects and how you use the space itself. Continue reading