If you are anything like me, you may be looking for easy holiday decorating tips because this time of year is always so hectic! As much as I would have liked to full-out decorate, I didn’t have time to deck the halls. Between holiday shopping, gift exchanges, parties, worrying about what to cook/bring to the party, weddings, client meetings, packing, and traveling.. my head was spinning! Hence why, I wanted to keep the decor simple!
Today, I will be sharing my 6 decorating tips to recreate my simple yet elegant look. The theme of my decor this year is: silver, gold, and mirrored accents. With a few key pieces, you can recreate the look with these 6 easy holiday decorating tips.
6 Easy Holiday Decorating Tips
- Decorative Trays: Why I love them? Because they are super versatile and create groupings for collections. I love these pair of brass and mirror trays from 33rd Floor Decor (great price too!). I dressed up my buffet with two drays; one for decor and the other to display drinks and champagne flutes.
2. Festive Mirrors: I love incorporating mirror into my holiday decor because when the holiday lights are twinkling, and it reflects in the mirror it creates a whimsical effect. I got this lovely starburst mirror from 33rd Floor Decor.
3. Natural Elements: A simple faux tabletop tree sits on top of my buffet this year. I like to incorporate greenery and natural elements into my designs for a pop of color and texture. I didn’t have a chance to get my tree yet, but the tree clippings are good to save and display in a vase. For a more natural look, you can sprinkle pinecones on your table or mantle (love the cinnamon scented cones).
4. Candles: This almost goes without saying, but candles are key for setting the mood. I placed candles on decorative mirrored trays to reflect the light. When the lights are dimmed, it almost feels magical.
5. Mercury Glass: Mercury glass candles holders or hurricane vases look beautiful when candles are on or off. The reflective antique mirror-esque sheen creates an elegant touch to any area of the home.
6. Garland: Garland is essential for holiday decorating. Whether you are using real garland or faux (like I did), it completes the entire look. I am loving these silverleaf berry branches that I got from Target. They are wire branches so they can bend and twist as you wish.
I hope you have enjoyed these easy holiday decorating tips. How will you decorate for the holidays? If you have used my tips, please post a photo and tag @byamadesigns .. I would love to see your creativity!
Want more decorating tips?
- Follow @byamadesigns on Instagram for daily design inspiration!
- Join our Monthly E-Magazine: The Designed Life for decorating tips and inspiration