HOW OUR DESIGN PROCESS WORKS
This is a general guideline of how the design process works and what to expect. We have a system in place so each Client of ours experiences the same design process. Since each project may vary in scope, certain phases may last longer than others.
- Initial Consultation: During the Initial Design Consultation, we see your project in person and discuss your project in more detail. We talk about your “wish list” for the space, how you want the room to function, who uses the space, and general style and colors schemes. We take overall measurements of the space to quote the design fee for your project.
- Concept Phase: Upon approval of the contract and design fee, we ask you to send photos of inspiration for your project. This could be a link to a Pinterest or Houzz board, or pictures from your favorite home magazine. This gives us a direction to start designing your space and understand what styles your gravitate to most. Based on your inspiration images, we will come up with 2-3 design concepts for your space to present to you.
- Design Phase: After you have selected the concept, we head to the studio and source furniture, art, accessories, fabrics, and materials for your project. We will present our options to you in person at the design meeting. During this meeting, we will decide on which items to go forward with for the space. We will take firm measurements of your space to draft floorplans that are to scale.
- Execution Phase: During this stage, we execute the final design. This includes all the administrative work such as ordering merchandise, tracking orders, coordinating with the trades, scheduling deliveries/installations, and confirming final details. We work with your contractors/tradesmen to execute your design and all the final details. We handle all the design work so you can go back to enjoying the finer things in life.
- Final Walk-through and Photography: This is the final stage of the project. By this point in the project, everything has been delivered and installed. Accessories and art are in place and your home is ready for photography. We take a final walk-through and have the room ready for photos to add to our portfolio.